Before inviting your members, lets setup the groups so that they are ready when they login for the first time.
Before you begin
- Make sure that you have completed the basic setup, and specifically that you have created your users.
- You can create groups from both your Mobile device and Desktop.
To have in mind when creating Groups
- You can always promote another Admin if you wish to create the groups centrally and then leave them. See how does groups work for more guidance.
- Less is more
- Create groups that are relevant for the end users and that you see a good need for. You can always return and create more groups later.
How to Create a Group
- Start by navigating to the Groups Feature, and once there, click "+ New Group" in the top right corner.
- A new window will be opened which will allow you to do the following settings:
- Name: Fill in the name of the group.
- Private: If ticked, it means that nobody outside of the group can see the group, and you can only become a member if you get invited by the admin. Otherwise people can join the group freely from the "available groups tab.
- Description: What the group is about, and how members can use the group.
- Image: Profile Picture of the group, Click "Choose Files" or drag & drop the picture from a folder.
- Units: Is this group targeting specific users in a unit or all units?
- User Types: Is the group for all User Types in a Unit or a specific User Type?
- These users (Unit + User Type selection) will be automatic members and cannot leave the group.
- Save the Group.
TIP: As the group administrator you can go back and change the group setting at any point in time.
More on Groups?
Once you have completed your groups, it is time to create your first FAQ's so that your team always find the information that they need. If you don't plan on using FAQ's, head out to the engagement page again to find your next feature. Remember, all content added can be searched which makes the life of your coworkers even easier.